[mapserver-users] How to add different PIXMAP Symbols for Point Layer based on user click on map

Venkat Rao Tammineni vtammineni at roulacglobal.com
Wed Dec 10 22:53:58 EST 2008

Dear All,

  How to add different types of PIXMAP Symbols to point layer based on user
click on the map. At present I can able to assign only single pixmap symbol.

Below is my code to load single symbol.

This is my mapfile code

Layer # Layer starts here

  Name "PointLayer"

 #======================== POSTGRE SQL Server Connection

  ConnectionType POSTGIS

  Connection "host=localhost dbname=GIS password=administrator user=postgres
port=5432"

  Data "the_geom from globalnews"

#===========================================================================
========================

Type POINT

  Status ON

   TEMPLATE "query.html"  # temporary template file for Query map

End # end of the State Layer

----

And here I am loading  C# code

            public static void LaodStyles(mapObj map,layerObj layer)

            {

                layer=map.getLayerByName("PoinLayer");

                symbolObj getSymbol = new symbolObj("Symbol", null);

                getSymbol.type = (int)MS_SYMBOL_TYPE.MS_SYMBOL_PIXMAP;

                getSymbol.setImagepath(@"\RIP\MapFile\round_push_2.gif");

                getSymbol.sizex = 100;

                getSymbol.sizey = 100;

                map.symbolset.appendSymbol(getSymbol);

                classObj clsObj = new classObj(layer);

                clsObj.name = "test";

                styleObj symStyle = new styleObj(clsObj);

                symStyle.symbolname = "Symbol";

                symStyle.symbol = map.symbolset.index("Symbol");

                symStyle.size = 75;

            }

Please any can help me or at least suggest me something.I am waiting for
your great response.

Advanced Thanks.

Regards

Venkat.