[mapserver-users] Labels with SDE data

Neil Fincham neil at asdf.co.nz
Thu Dec 11 22:14:46 EST 2008

Hi All,

Frustrating problem I know.  I eventually fixed it as below;-

<snip>

http://webhelp.esri.com/arcgisdesktop/9.2/index.cfm?TopicName=Language_suppo
rt_in_the_geodatabase

      You need to set UNICODE_STRING "FALSE" using sdedbtune, then when you
load your data it will be just plain old text that mapserver does not have a
problem with.

</snip>

Remember to do the stddbtune _before_ you load your data though, if it is
already loaded pump it out to shapefiles, sdedbtune and then reload is fine.

Neil