[mapserver-users] Scalebar vs Numeric scale

Rui Gomes ruijgomes at gmail.com
Fri Dec 12 13:08:53 EST 2008

But the numeric scale match with the graphics if the resolution is
correct. I search and discovered the exist 2 type of resolution: the
monitor dpi and the font dpi. Is easy to get the userś font  dpi. If
they are equal (most of the case) we can get the correct resolution
and send it to mapserver.

I understand what you say  and i will be very careful using it.

Your OS knows the monitor dpi.

And about the projector is true. Maps in paper have both numeric scale
and graphic scale but if you shrink a A4 to a A5 they don't match. For
that reason we must no use the numeric scale in the original?
--
                                      Rui Gomes