[mapserver-users] simple question regarding output image

Fawcett, David David.Fawcett at state.mn.us
Tue Dec 16 09:49:25 EST 2008

It is difficult to help you troubleshoot questions like this unless you
include the text of your map file.

What does the SIZE line say in your map file.  If you are specifying a
large image, this would cause the file size to be large.

Also, what output format are you using?  If you are using AGG and
outputting to 24-bit image types, this will also cause larger file
sizes.  It is a trade off, if you want higher quality images, the files
are larger (e.g. 'There is no such thing as a free lunch...')

What do you mean by 'too big'?

How much time is it taking to load in the browser?

David.