[mapserver-users] Re: AGG OUTPUTFORMAT Question

thomas bonfort thomas.bonfort at gmail.com
Wed Dec 17 15:07:07 EST 2008

just a side note on the subject: seeding your tiles probably involves
using tilecache's metatiles. quantizing a 5x5 tile in mapserver will
very probably give poorer visual results than quantizing each
individual tile. For this reason I tend to seed in 24bit mode, and
postprocess the split up tiles with pngnq:

for file in `find tilecache/mylayer -name "*.png"`;
do
 echo $file;
 pngnq -e .png.tmp -n 256 $file;
 mv $file.tmp $file;