[mapserver-users] Reference Map marker box not drawing

Ben Madin ben at remoteinformation.com.au
Thu Dec 18 22:51:06 EST 2008

G'day all,

I seem to be regressing here - rushing before Christmas maybe?

I am trying to draw a reference map (with the nice red box showing
which part of the bigger map I am zoomed into.

I took my initial map image, shrunk it down into a gif file, and saved
it as my refmap.gif

I added this REFERENCE section:

     REFERENCE
     	STATUS 	ON
     	EXTENT 	90 4 120 24  ## 88 -2 128 28
     	IMAGE	"../images/refmap.gif"
     	SIZE	225 175
     	COLOR 	-1 -1 -1
     	OUTLINECOLOR	 255  0 0
     END

And put this in my template :

          <input type="image" name="ref" src="[ref]" style="border:
0;width:225;height:175">

And it was a beautiful thing, my newly created map image appeared, as
if my magic.

However, as I zoomed in no box appeared, nor even cross hairs.

 From looking around, it would appear I might be the first person in
history this has not worked for?

Have I missed something. I have :

MapServer version 5.2.1 OUTPUT=GIF OUTPUT=PNG OUTPUT=JPEG OUTPUT=WBMP
OUTPUT=SWF OUTPUT=SVG SUPPORTS=PROJ SUPPORTS=AGG SUPPORTS=FREETYPE
SUPPORTS=ICONV SUPPORTS=WMS_SERVER SUPPORTS=WMS_CLIENT
SUPPORTS=WFS_SERVER SUPPORTS=WFS_CLIENT SUPPORTS=WCS_SERVER
SUPPORTS=SOS_SERVER SUPPORTS=GEOS INPUT=EPPL7 INPUT=POSTGIS INPUT=OGR
INPUT=GDAL INPUT=SHAPEFILE

(thanks again to William Kyngesbury)

and the rest of the map details are :

MAP
     NAME trade
     UNITS DD
     EXTENT      90 4 120 24 #  full map extents
     SIZE        900 700
     SHAPEPATH   "geodata/"
     FONTSET     "geodata/fonts/fonts.lst"
     SYMBOLSET   "geodata/symbols/symbols.sym"
     IMAGECOLOR  230 240 255
     CONFIG "MS_ERRORFILE" "/Users/19022662/mserr.txt"
     DEBUG 4

     OUTPUTFORMAT
          NAME        'AGG'
          DRIVER      AGG/PNG