[mapserver-users] First timer with sphidx, shapeindex

nikos at maich.gr nikos at maich.gr
Tue Dec 30 07:45:00 EST 2008

Hi,

My first time that I will try to query by shape index.
I've searched the docs, and have not really found much.

I've seen ref's to both shpidx and shapeindex as cgi vars

What is the difference, as my ms does not recognize these vars

Also, even though I have .shx indexes in my data, do I need to index my
shapes with shptree to create a .qix file, or does ms use the .shx files?
I would then think ms would handle shpidx vars?

I'm using cgi ms and templates,

regards, and Happy New Year,

nikos