No subject

Fri Feb 8 15:06:04 EST 2008

"This program builds a shapefile with a record for each input raster
file, an attribute containing the filename, and a polygon geometry
outlining the raster. This output is suitable for use with UMN MapServer
as a raster tileindex."

-----Original Message-----
From: UMN MapServer Users List [mailto:MAPSERVER-USERS at LISTS.UMN.EDU] On
Behalf Of Yar Doroshenko
Sent: Monday, March 14, 2005 3:13 PM
To: MAPSERVER-USERS at LISTS.UMN.EDU
Subject: [UMN_MAPSERVER-USERS] gdaltindex in DOS

Hi,

I need help on using gdaltindex command in DOS on my Windows machine. I
have 78 shape files for each county in the state of Oklahoma. I want to
make them load fast as I zoom into a specific portion of the map. I used
these instructions
http://mapserver.gis.umn.edu/cgi-bin/wiki.pl?BathymetryHowTo

But, I can't seem to get it working.

All of my shape files are in
C:\its\Apache2\htdocs\statewide\shape_files\tile  folder My gdaltindex
utility is in C:\its\GDAL\125\bin  folder

My first question is - What's the difference between "tileindex shape
file" and "shptree index" ? I can see that I need to first create
tileindex shape file and only then shptree index.

I tried the following command:
for %f in (C:\its\Apache2\htdocs\statewide\shape_files\tile*.shp) do
gdaltindex index.shp %f  - I found this comand on the forum.

I didn't get any eror messages, but at the same time my shape files did
not change and no new files were created.

Could anyone please tell me what are the steps and syntaxis that I
should use to create tileindex in DOS environment?

I really appreciate your help!!!

Feel free to email numerous at gmail.com

Thank you!