No subject

Fri Feb 8 15:06:04 EST 2008

maps we serve to our general customer base are 80% imagery or a static
layer set and most users browse around quite a bit.  If I can meet the
needs of 80% of my user base with pre-generated tiles then I can
concentrate my development efforts on the other 20% who want things
like real-time weather overlays, database integration, etc...

> This is a mayor problem and we should not add new problems by sticking
> to predefined scales and ignoring the joys of interoperability (as Chris
> Holmes pointed out when we were discussing Wikimaps).

We should definitely not ignore significant developments by large,
well funded companies employing serious brain power.

-Mike