No subject

Fri Feb 8 15:06:04 EST 2008

to 4.4.1 or 4.4.2.

Drew.

-----Original Message-----
From: UMN MapServer Users List [mailto:MAPSERVER-USERS at lists.umn.edu]On
Behalf Of Nick Floersch
Sent: Saturday, April 23, 2005 7:45 PM
To: MAPSERVER-USERS at lists.umn.edu
Subject: [UMN_MAPSERVER-USERS] Perl Mapscript "issues"

Hi All,

I recently posted a long bit about my problems getting a newer version
of Perl mapscript to work with a perl mapscript app we have here.

The question has changed.

NOW, I need to know this:
Why, when I try to instantiate a map object with any map file other than
"" do I get a segfault?
v---snip---
#!/usr/bin/perl -w
use mapscript;
use XBase;

my $mapObjFull = new mapscript::mapObj("itasca.map");
warn "Got Here 2.5";
^---snip---
This gives me a segfault.

The itasca.map file is the one found in the mapserver demo "workshop."

If I call new mapscript::mapObj with no map, it works fine:
v---snip---
#!/usr/bin/perl -w
use mapscript;
use XBase;

my $mapObjFull = new mapscript::mapObj();
warn "Got Here 2.5";
^---snip---
Will produce the message "Got Here 2.5 at line 6" or something like
that. It works fine.

Just to rule out the idea that itasca.map had a layer or something that
it couldn't access (though it works fine in the workshop demo), I made a
copy of it and commented out ALL layers.

It still segfaults.

In desperation I used the helloworld map from the tutorials thinking I
could avoid any issues with non-existent data layers etc.

It still segfaults.

Someone mentioned looking for libmap.a and see if it is an old version.
I don't have libmap.a in any library path. Yet, the old files for perl
mapscript work perfectly. It's the new ones that don't.

What am I missing here? It isn't the map files. It's something about the
perl mapscript build.

I am trying to do all of this with Mapserver 4.4.1 or 4.4.2. Neither
version has worked right yet (with mapscript at least - everything else
works fine).

-Nick
---
Nicholas E. Floersch (pr. Floorsh)
IT Group Manager
Direct / 802.229.1872   Cell / 802.249.2516
E-Mail / nfloersch at stone-env.com
Stone Environmental, Inc.
535 Stone Cutters Way, Montpelier, Vermont 05602
Tel / 802.229.4541   Fax / 802.229.5417
Web Site / www.stone-env.com