No subject

Fri Feb 8 15:06:04 EST 2008

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
TRANSPARENCY [integer|alpha]

Sets the transparency level of all classed pixels for a given layer. The
value can either be an integer in the range (0-100) or the named symbol
"ALPHA". Although this parameter is named "transparency", the integer values
actually parameterize layer opacity. A value of 100 is opaque and 0 is fully
transparent.

The "ALPHA" symbol directs the mapserver rendering code to honor the indexed
or alpha transparency of pixmap symbols used to style a layer. This is only
needed in the case of RGB output formats, and should be used only when
necessary as it is expensive to render transparent pixmap symbols onto an
RGB map image.
++++++++++++++++++++

The complexitity of your pixmap symbol is not really important. Why do not
you replace it by a truetype symbol.
Do you know that you can use any truetype symbol from any trutype file for
symbolization with mapserver.

A+ ;-) Bernd
Bernd Deckert
01MAP - la carte vecteur d'information