No subject

Fri Feb 8 15:06:04 EST 2008

MapServer.  There is a component called "MyGIS" which MapServer can be
built with, which works on a non-spatial MySQL table (see:
http://mapserver.gis.umn.edu/cgi-bin/wiki.pl?MySQL).

Having said this, I tried getting MapServer working with MySQL, and it
seems the easiest way is via Bart's suggestions.

I'm not sure what the current state of affairs is w.r.t. MySQL in
MapServer (Attila may have comments here).

For me, I ended up going w/ PostGIS because of the support for sorts of
spatial stuff via MapServer.  IMHO, if you have a choice and need a DB,
go with PostGIS.  If you have an existing MySQL RDBMS, go with Bart's
suggestions for simple points in a MySQL table.

..Tom