REQUIRES syntax in Mapfile

Neil Fincham neil at ASDF.CO.NZ
Mon Feb 4 15:55:08 EST 2008

Hi All,

	Quick question today, what is the correct syntax for the REQUIRES tag
in the mapfile?  I have tried "REQUIRES ([OtherRoad] = 1)" (I.E, the
layer OtherRoad must be on for the layer to display) and a few other
things and I don't seem to be getting any joy.  I have included the map
layer definitions below;-

  LAYER
    NAME 'OtherRoad'
    TYPE LINE
    CONNECTIONTYPE postgis
    CONNECTION 'host=localhost user=postgres dbname=NZMM'
    DATA 'the_geom FROM public.road_all_layer2_polyline'
    METADATA
      'wms_title' 'OtherRoad'
    END
    MAXSCALE 15000
    STATUS ON
    LABELITEM "road_name"
    TRANSPARENCY 100
    CLASS
      NAME 'Road - Other'
      STYLE
        SYMBOL road-line
        SIZE 1
        COLOR 0 0 0
      END
    END
  END

  LAYER
    NAME 'MinorRuralRoad'
    TYPE LINE
    CONNECTIONTYPE postgis
    CONNECTION 'host=localhost user=postgres dbname=NZMM'
    DATA 'the_geom FROM public.road_all_layer2_polyline'
    METADATA
      'wms_title' 'MinorRuralRoad'
    END
    MAXSCALE 15000
    STATUS ON
    LABELITEM "road_name"
    TRANSPARENCY 100
    REQUIRES ([OtherRoad] eq 1)
    CLASS
      NAME 'Minor Rural Road'
      EXPRESSION ("[class]" = "MINOR RURAL ROAD")
      LABEL
        COLOR  0 0 0
        FONT sans
        TYPE truetype