QueryByPoint and MySQL

Fawcett, David David.Fawcett at STATE.MN.US
Tue Feb 5 08:49:46 EST 2008

Jill,

I am guessing that you will need to add the names of your attribute
columns to the select statement in your connection string.

David.

-----Original Message-----
From: UMN MapServer Users List [mailto:MAPSERVER-USERS at LISTS.UMN.EDU] On
Behalf Of Jill Recla
Sent: Monday, February 04, 2008 5:41 PM
To: MAPSERVER-USERS at LISTS.UMN.EDU
Subject: [UMN_MAPSERVER-USERS] QueryByPoint and MySQL

Hi all,

I'm trying to modify the 5.x Itasca demo (itasca_adds_dhtml) to create
layers from a MySQL database.  The layers are created successfully, but
when I select "Query Feature" and click a MySQL data layer point, I get
this error:

MYSQL:genosis,user=root,password=Passw0rd,port=3306,tables=gene_data,-1
contains no fields.

Here is the layer definition in my .map file:

LAYER
        NAME lines
           TYPE LINE
           STATUS OFF
           CLASS
             NAME 'lines'
             STYLE
               COLOR 150 0 0
               SYMBOL 'circle'
               SIZE 5
             END
           END
        TEMPLATE "templates/lines.html"
        CONNECTIONTYPE OGR
        CONNECTION
"MYSQL:genosis,user=root,password=Passw0rd,port=3306,tables=line_data"
        DATA "SELECT line FROM line_data"
   END

I have made the line.html template file with the corresponding MySQL
fields.  I know I'm missing something simple, here........  Can someone
please help?

Thanks,
Jill