join tables question

nelson guda nelson.guda at GMAIL.COM
Tue Feb 5 16:31:55 EST 2008

Hi all,

I was looking into the JOIN feature.  In the reference it says "You
cannot use joins to affect the look of a map."  Will there ever be a
way to use a JOIN in this manner?  For example, it would be extremely
useful to be able to create maps that use geographic data from an
existing shapefile, modified by parameters from a dynamically created
csv.

I know that you can do something similar fairly easily with postgis,
but I am trying to find ways around postgis since it is so slow and
requires a special server setup.

thanks,
nelson