No subject

Fri Feb 8 15:06:04 EST 2008

-0500 (CDT)
Date: Tue, 15 Aug 2000 15:55:03 +1000 (EST)
From: John Hockaday <johnh at erin.gov.au>
Subject: offset symbols
To: mapserver-info at lists.gis.umn.edu

Hi,

Does anyone know if symbols can be offsetted from the point location?

OR

Can labels use symbols for the text instead of fonts?

I have to plot six different symbols, which could vary by six different
colours, around some point data.  The symbols need to be chosen by the
"year" attribute in the attribute table and the colour needs be chosen
by the "rate" attribute in the same table.

I thought that I could have six layers, one for each year, and then
colour the symbols by the "rate" attribute value.  Each year layer
could then be ploted on top of each other with the symbol at a
different offset to the point for each year.

Any thoughts to help me out?

Thanks in advance.

Johnh