[mapserver-users] Re: [UMN_MAPSERVER-USERS] MapServer on a web hosting service

Pericles S. Nacionales naci0002 at umn.edu
Mon Feb 11 11:47:01 EST 2008

Scott,

You can certainly do that but I don't know if it's safe or not.

Better still, keep the MapServer-related files to a directory outside of
your CGI directory leaving only the Mapserv CGI program. Use the SetEnv
parameter in Apache to add this new directory in your PATH.  This is
only doable if you can edit the Apache configuration that pertains to
your web site.

-Perry

PS: Please remember to update your list address to
mapserver-users at lists.osgeo.org.  We're closing down the UMN list soon.