[mapserver-users] Re: getString(): Symbol definition error. Parsing error near (map):(line 21)

William Kyngesburye woklist at kyngchaos.com
Mon Feb 11 12:23:08 EST 2008

By the version number and map path, it looks like you're on OSX, with
my MapServer binaries?  Works for me.

Which OSX version and processor?

I tested on Leopard 64bit Core 2 Duo.  It's possible something got
messed up in the build for the other architectures.

What is the full error?

On Feb 11, 2008, at 10:50 AM, Simone Dalmasso wrote:

> My mapserver version in 5.0.2-2 and the mapfile is:
> MAP
>     NAME wmstry
>     STATUS ON
>     EXTENT -180 -90 180 90
>     UNITS dd
>     PROJECTION
>         "init=epsg:4326"
>     END
>     SHAPEPATH "/data/"
>     WEB
>         IMAGEPATH "/library/webserver/tmp/"
>         IMAGEURL "/tmp/"
>         METADATA
>             "wms_title" "Wms_prova"
>             "wms_onlineresource" "http://130.192.93.76/cgi-executables/mapserv?map=/users/simo/sites/mapfile/provamapserv.map
> "
>             "wms_srs" "epsg:4326"
>         END
>     END
>     LAYER
>         NAME namerica
>         METADATA
>             "wms_title" "namerica"
>         END
>         TYPE RASTER
>         DATA namerica0311_2.tif
>         STATUS ON
>         PROJECTION
>             "init=epsg:4326"
>         END
>         CLASS
>             NAME Namerica
>             STYLE
>                 COLOR 0 0 0
>             END
>         END
>     END
> END
>
> Thanks a lot.
> --
> Simone Dalmasso

-----
http://www.kyngchaos.com/

"Those people who most want to rule people are, ipso-facto, those
least suited to do it."

- A rule of the universe, from the HitchHiker's Guide to the Galaxy