re[MAPSERVER-USERS] ad angle from database to rotate symbol -> Symbol definition error

Paul L saperlipopette at gmx.ch
Tue Feb 19 09:51:02 EST 2008

Dear List

I'm not the first one to ask this question, but I am unable to use the older
list-posts as in the meantime (mapserver 5.0) the ANGLEITEM seems to be
deprecated, if I understand this document
http://mapserver.gis.umn.edu/development/rfc/ms-rfc-19
correctly.

I am reading points from a postgis-table and would like Mapserver to rotate
the symbols of each point according to the rotation-value stored as integer
in the same table. It works fine as long as I hardcode the angle like
"ANGLE=45". As soon as I try setting ANGLE="orientation" I get the
errormessage:

getSymbol(): Symbol definition error. Parsing error near
(orientierung):(line 126)

Can you help me find my errors?
Thank you very much
Paul

P.S. I can actually read the angle and display it as a label, so it
shouldn't be a problem of reading from the database.

LAYER

    NAME points
    TYPE POINT
    CONNECTIONTYPE POSTGIS
    CONNECTION "dbname=test_postgis user=postgres password=postgres
host=localhost port=5432"
    DATA "geometry from (select id, name, orientation, geometry from points)
as foo USING UNIQUE id USING SRID=-1"
  STATUS DEFAULT
  TRANSPARENCY 65

  CLASS
      STYLE
        SYMBOL "U"
        SIZE 15
        COLOR 0 0 150
        ANTIALIAS TRUE
	ANGLE 45
	#ANGLE "orientation" #throws error: getSymbol(): Symbol definition error
(..)
      END
  END
END