[mapserver-users] Re: user support

Brent Fraser bfraser at geoanalytic.com
Thu Feb 21 11:05:10 EST 2008

Frank,

Now that the mailing list has migrated, is the archive
searchable?  The New Users page
(http://mapserver.gis.umn.edu/new_users/index_html#list-arch
ives)on the Mapserver site still links:
http://lists.umn.edu/archives/mapserver-users.html
Is it still valid?

I think the email archives hold great value.  The challange
is to enable access.  Here are some ideas (by doing one test
search):

1. A better seach page
    - ability to use AND and OR with seach terms
2. Record the top ten seaches by month (or some other stat)
so we can improve the FAQ.
3. A better results page
    - show me hits by all my seach term combos
    - allow me to sort by score, Lines, subject , etc
4. Somehow identify an email containing a question/problem,
and a solution
5. ...

Hmmm, an automatic FAQ extractor. Sounds painful.

Let's learn from Google (a search tool is beats an organized
portal).

Brent Fraser
GeoAnalytic Inc.
Calgary, Alberta