[MAPSERVER-USERS] annotation layer

rich.fromm nospam420 at yahoo.com
Fri Feb 22 15:36:35 EST 2008

Hans Castorp wrote:

> It is possible to have an annotation layer with symbol but without label??

I think you could do it.

For example, I have a layer for highway shields that follows the sort of
pattern below.  The CLASSITEM defines which symbol to use (when it matches
the
EXPRESSION), and the LABELITEM puts the highway number of the shield
(subject
to the description in the LABEL).

If you just didn't have a LABEL section, and/or a LABELITEM, or the label is
just "", then I would think that you could accomplish what you desired.  But
haven't tried, so I don't know if there are maybe some complications.  Good
luck.

- Rich

------------

  LAYER