[mapserver-users] Advice for MapServer project

Bob Basques bob.b at gritechnologies.com
Tue Feb 26 14:20:28 EST 2008

Timothy,

This is an excellent project for GeoMoose to act as the mapping engine
for.  It's precisely the sort of thing that the GeoMoose client
framework was designed for.   You can set up GeoMoose fairly quickly for
the mapping aspects, and the overlay pieces can be added on with some
custom work by yourself via additional services.

I know the developers would love to see this type of project move
forward, because it's come up a few times in discussions already,
there's just not been a willing client participation in getting it
going.  I deally it would be nice to get a reusable system/service in
place for something like this.

The Overlay aspects could be done in a generic fashion for reuse, but
these types of things tend to be very business specific when it comes to
the reporting, so it's not something that has taken off (yet).

Take a look at GeoMoose, it should reduce the overall effort once you
get by the setup learning curve of MapServer and GeoMoose.

bobb