[mapserver-users] WFS and typename issue

Fischer, Brian bfischer at houstonengineeringinc.com
Thu Feb 28 16:04:14 EST 2008

After troubleshooting this a little further here is what I found.

I get an invalid http request error if I try using an escape character
with a & in it.  That is understandable.

If I try using + or %20 it gets a little further and this is the error I
get.
"msDrawMap(): Image handling error. Failed to draw layer named
'hydrowfs'. msOGRFileOpen(): OGR error. Open failed for OGR connection
`C:/ms4w/tmp/ms_tmp/ccc2661b5c5cc4dbff3d2d052e2e73c7.tmp.gml'. XML
Parsing Error: Expected equal sign "

Also when I try opening the .gml file in Gaia 3 it says there is an
error reading the GML file. If I got through the GML file and remove all
the spaces from the typename and save the file.  Then it opens fine.

It appears the problem is that MapServer is not escaping the space
character in the temporary GML file when it creates it.  I don't know a
lot about the rules for the GML file and if a spaces are allowed or what
the escape character should be.  I guess my simpliest solution is to try
to get the WFS service author to remove the spaces from their typenames.
But I would be willing to report this as a bug in MapServer if this is
really a bug.  Hopefully someone can let me know.

Thanks,
Brian

Brian Fischer
Houston Engineering, Inc.