[MAPSERVER-USERS] missing lock in mapfile.c:msFreeLabelCacheSlot() ?

Tamas Szekeres szekerest at gmail.com
Thu Feb 28 19:41:29 EST 2008

Rich,

I appreciate your efforts very much to sort these things out. I wish
we ever had a systematic multithreaded test case for the Java/C#
bindings with a fair amount of the coverage for the most fundamental
parts of the project. I'd feel quite inclined to open up a GSoC
project to implement a proper test environment where the potential
issues would be more discoverable.

I think the problem you described is weird enough for trying to think
about it further. The fact that the symptom is going towards another
place indicates me that the source of the issue is in a quite
different place.

Let us know if you have a further suspicion about something that
should be fixed in mapserver.

Best regards,

Tamas