[MAPSERVER-USERS] postgres transaction warnings

rich.fromm nospam420 at yahoo.com
Thu Feb 28 22:17:12 EST 2008

Colin Wetherbee wrote:

> rich.fromm wrote:
>> Oh yeah, I do have for each LAYER:
>>    PROCESSING	"CLOSE_CONNECTION=DEFER"
>
> I have found this leaves transactions open quite often.  It prevents my
> application from updating the database, so I've turned it off.

> Closing those transactions when they're finished would certainly be nice.

You might want to try applying this patch:
http://trac.osgeo.org/mapserver/attachment/ticket/2497/ms_postgis_begin_to_connect.diff
from bug 2497:

I just applied it locally and have been running a test now for about 45
minutes and still have not had a single "there is already a transaction in
progress" warning in my postgres log.  Previously it took on the order of 10
seconds for me to start getting tons of them.

- Rich