[mapserver-users] symbology showing line direction

G. Allegri giohappy at gmail.com
Fri Feb 29 10:51:28 EST 2008

Adam, you gave me a little doubt abotu shp line directions and Mapserver...

Could you try to use a simble like this?

SYMBOL

    NAME "arrow"
    TYPE TRUETYPE
    FONT verdana
    CHARACTER '&\#62;' # don't use the backslash! (the verdana greater
than tag)
    FILLED true
    ANTIALIAS true
    GAP -10 # the negatation tells MapServer to honor the vector
direction when computing the angle

END

and use it in the STYLE of the layer CLASS

Put attention on the GAP parameter