[mapserver-users] symbology showing line direction

Fawcett, David David.Fawcett at state.mn.us
Fri Feb 29 11:08:36 EST 2008

Adam,

I am quite sure that MapServer is not going to read the line topology.
To display direction, you will need to add an attribute for flow
direction and populate it.  You would then use an expression for each
class that combined both the pipe type and the direction.  (Maybe use -1
and 1 for values?)

Something like ('[FUNCTION]' = 'Main' AND [DIRECTION] = -1)

I haven't tested this.  Note the difference in quoting for string fields
vs number fields.

David.