question about AGG

Thu Jan 3 14:31:05 EST 2008

While I believe that AGG produces superior output to that of GD it does so at a price. There
are performance hits when creating images with AGG and in consuming (because of file size)
the higher quality images. If you can live with that then AGG is the better choice.

GD is not being abandoned. Ideally we'd like configurations to work with any backend and there
is ongoing work to make that happen. There shouldn't be that much difference in configuration as
very few parameters (none in 5.0 I think) are AGG specific.

Steve