MWF GetFeatureInfo problem solved

nelson guda nelson.guda at GMAIL.COM
Sun Jan 6 12:42:14 EST 2008

It works! Thanks much!
That was definitely the issue.  Thanks also to Josh for spending a
lot of time trying to help me figure this out.

Here is a summary of the problem for the record:

I was trying to get the WMS GetFeatureInfo request working on my
mapserver copy.  I kept getting a response that looked like this:

> GetFeatureInfo results:
>
> Layer 'ira_fill2'
> Feature 689:

The solution was to put  'wms_include_items' 'all' in the METADATA
block for the layer.

You can see the results here: http://roadlessland.org
It is a site that allows users to get info about inventoried roadless
areas in US Forest Service lands.  The spatial data is a shapefile
that is about 32mb.  The site uses Google maps and overlays the map
with a wms layer from mapserver.  User clicks on the map are
processed with a GetFeatureInfo request to mapserver.

Thanks for all your help, everyone.

nelson