Ruby Mapscript on Windows

Carl Heinze carlheinze at GMX.DE
Mon Jan 7 09:05:14 EST 2008

I'm new to this list, so: Hi to all

I'm just starting to work with mapserver - and i'm already stuck during setting up my environment.

I'm working under Windows XP and I would like to develop with ruby on rails.

What is working:

Ruby on Rails
Postgres with PostGis
CGI-Mapserver (mapserv.exe)

But i couldn't find any possibility to download the Ruby Mapscript Libraries for Windows, nor could i find any Instructions for using Ruby mapscript under Windows. I installed Mapserver using the ms4w-package, but this is rolled out without the Ruby Mapscript (Why?)

I would like to get the framework "ruby in space" (by geoaspects, http://www.geoaspects.com/rubyinspace.shtml) working - but they have only installation instructions for mac OS.

So, finally, the question: How may I use the mapserver with ruby under windows?

If my question is not clear, apologise..

many greets, Carl