AGG: "fuzzy" lines at near horizontal/vertical angles ...

rich.fromm nospam420 at YAHOO.COM
Tue Jan 8 12:54:26 EST 2008

Flavio Hendry wrote:

> AGG has to be 24bit.

I'm pretty sure that's not true.  I'm using something like the following:

    IMAGETYPE	AGG_Q
    OUTPUTFORMAT
        NAME 'AGG_Q'
        DRIVER AGG/PNG
        IMAGEMODE RGB
        FORMATOPTION "PALETTE_FORCE=TRUE"
        # for why this is needed at all:
        #   http://trac.osgeo.org/mapserver/ticket/2096
        # this must be an absolute path (should be able to be relative to
the map file for mapserver 5.2)
        #   http://trac.osgeo.org/mapserver/ticket/2115
        FORMATOPTION "PALETTE=/absolute/path/to/colors.palette"
        FORMATOPTION "QUANTIZE_FORCE=ON"
        FORMATOPTION "QUANTIZE_DITHER=OFF"
        FORMATOPTION "QUANTIZE_COLORS=256"
    END

which gives me (this is the result of running `file output.png`):

PNG image data, 640 x 480, 8-bit colormap, non-interlaced

- Rich