Labeling roads

rich.fromm nospam420 at YAHOO.COM
Tue Jan 8 12:58:56 EST 2008

Steve Lime wrote:

> You have to do this in two steps. One for to draw the roads themselves and
> another
> to draw the annotation. Generally roads with shields aren't that common so
> the performance
> hit for 2 passes isn't too bad.

Does that imply that for just labeling regular roads (with text, no symbol),
that this can be done in a single layer?  I'm currently using two separate
LAYER's for this, one with TYPE LINE to draw the roads, and a second with
TYPE ANNOTATION to label the roads.  If I can combine them, which TYPE do I
use?  (I'd guess ANNOTATION.)

- Rich