WFS Server

Jim Klassen Jim.Klassen at CI.STPAUL.MN.US
Tue Jan 8 17:29:26 EST 2008

Hi,

We currently have a working WMS service using nested groups of layers
implemented using the the wms_layer_group metadata tag. I was wondering
if there was any equivalent to use in WFS to created nested
FeatureTypeLists?

Is this something that is even possible according to the WFS standard? I
don't see where is says you can, but I don't see that it says you can't
either. (https://portal.opengeospatial.org/files/?artifact_id=7176)

Also, I don't see anything listed in the documentation and I have tried
both wfs_layer_group and simply setting the GROUP parameter in the
Layer. Neither produced grouping in the WFS GetCapabilities output.

BTW: Our current public WMS service getCapabilities can be retrieved at:
http://gis.ci.stpaul.mn.us/datasets/WMS/SAINT_PAUL/PUBLIC_WORKS/WMS/wms_public.map?SERVICE=WMS&VERSION=1.1.1&REQUEST=GetCapabilities

Jim Klassen
City of St. Paul