Googlish Mapfile (Png24 vs Png8 for AGG output)

Bob Basques Bob.Basques at CI.STPAUL.MN.US
Mon Jan 14 14:03:09 EST 2008

All,

Ok, now to get those really nice AGG outputs to display (at least half way) decently in IE.

What's the best approach to getting any sort of AGG output to work in IE (WITH Alpha Transparency!!)

We've tried a couple of thing that didn't seem to work very well.  I have it outputting as straight PNG for now in my production interfaces, but the PNG24 looks a heck of a lot better.

Any ideas?

bobb

Bob Basques
GIS Systems Developer