WMS Layer is not using my custom symbols

Andreas Albarello andreas.albarello at TERRITORIUMONLINE.COM
Tue Jan 15 06:03:39 EST 2008

On 15 Jan 2008, at 11:56, Luca Manganelli wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I use MapServer 5.0 as WMS server.
> I have a Layer that uses a custom symbol. But I see it as a empty
> polygon without dashed line as border. If I comment out the line with
> SYMBOL "dash1", I see a continous line:
>
> LAYER
>  TYPE POLYGON
>  CLASS
>     NAME "test"
>     MINSIZE 2
>     MAXSIZE 5
>     STYLE
>        SIZE 3
>        OUTLINECOLOR 0 0 0
>        SYMBOL "dash1"            # <--- problem is here
>     END
> END
>
> and in symbols.sym:
>
> SYMBOL
> 	NAME "dash1"
> 	TYPE cartoline
> 	LINECAP round
> 	LINEJOIN round
> 	LINEJOINMAXSIZE 3
> 	STYLE 15 10 15 10 END
> END
>
> any idea?

Luca,

I believe cartoline support has been discontinued in MapServer 5.0, at
least as far as the AGG renderer is concerned.

You might be better off using this SYMBOL definition:

SYMBOL
	NAME "dash1"
	TYPE ELLIPSE
	POINTS
		1	1
	END
	STYLE
		15 10 15 10
	END
END

Best regards,
Andreas Albarello
Analysis & SW Development

Territorium Online srl/GmbH
Via Buozzi/Buozzistraße 12 - I 39100 Bolzano/Bozen
email: andreas.albarello at territoriumonline.com
web:   www.territoriumonline.com