Plate Carre with latitude shift

Ed McNierney ed at TOPOZONE.COM
Wed Jan 16 10:28:46 EST 2008

Espen -

The EPSG coordinate system codes, like EPSG:4326, generally are used to fully specify a projection.  If you need to "customize" a projection described by an EPSG code, I would recommend using a full PROJ text description, and specify the use of the equirectangular (Plate Carrée) projection:

+proj=eqc +lat_ts=60 +lon_0=0 +x_0=0 +y_0=0 +datum=WGS84

     - Ed

Ed McNierney
Chief Mapmaker
Demand Media / TopoZone.com
73 Princeton Street, Suite 305
North Chelmsford, MA  01863
ed at topozone.com
Phone: +1 (978) 251-4242
Fax: +1 (978) 251-1396

-----Original Message-----
From: UMN MapServer Users List [mailto:MAPSERVER-USERS at LISTS.UMN.EDU] On Behalf Of Espen Isaksen
Sent: Wednesday, January 16, 2008 9:38 AM
To: MAPSERVER-USERS at LISTS.UMN.EDU
Subject: [UMN_MAPSERVER-USERS] Plate Carre with latitude shift

Hi!

I am wondering how I can do a latitude shift with a plain longlat
projection(4326). I have tried to change +lat_ts to 60 degrees instead
of 0, but that does not change much.

I am wondering if I have misunderstood this completely. For me it
seems like EPSG:4326 is a plain Plate Carre projection where I should
be able to latitude shift the origin to get a better result in the
nothern areas of Europe?

Espen