PostGIS connection

Begoña Gonzalez begodom at GMAIL.COM
Thu Jan 17 07:57:39 EST 2008

Postgres is running with the postmaster.

When I try to connect access the database independent of mapserver there is
the following error message:

"Error connecting to the server: no se pudo conectar con el servidor:
Connection refused (0x0000274D/10061)
¿Está el servidor en ejecución en el servidor <<***.***.**.*>>  y aceptando
conexiones TCP /IP en el puerto 5432?"

The server is runing so I suppose that the problem is with TCP/IP
connections but I´m not sure of this settings. How do i check the TCP/IP
connection of 5432 port?

Thanks