Cascading external WMS using basic authentication over https

Frank Warmerdam warmerdam at POBOX.COM
Fri Jan 18 14:05:16 EST 2008

Rahkonen Jukka wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Is it possible to make MapServer to cascade another WMS service that must be
> accessed through https and that wants to get username/password for
> authentication? How?

Jukka,

I'm not sure what others ways are possible, but I found that to get
MapServer able to talk to a password protected WMS (or perhaps WFS?) I
had to hack the code to pass some extra options to curl.  Ideally we would
provide a mechanism to do this directly from the mapserver if there is no
better way.

Best regards,