Installing Mapserver on Fedora 8

Bradley McLain bradley_mclain at DEBORTOLIWINES.COM
Sun Jan 20 22:54:02 EST 2008

Just a simple question here it seems that I can install most of the things
required by mapserver through yum, is it also possible to install mapserver
through yum or must it be compiled from source?

Installed Packages
httpd
httpd-devel
byacc
flex
php
php-devel
postgresql
postgresql-contrib
postgresql-server
postgresql-devel
python
python-devel
gcc-c++
curl
curl-devel
gd
gd-devel
php-gd
php-dbase
mysql
mtsql-server
phpmyadmin
mapserver
php-mapserver

I have done a "yum install mapserver" but I don't know where to go from
here. Where are the config files located and how do I set things up?

Pretty much what steps are required after yum is used to download the
packages, and if necessary what other packages are required?

Cheers

Brad