Different GetCapabilities and GetMap onlineresources in WMS

Rahkonen Jukka Jukka.Rahkonen at MMMTIKE.FI
Tue Jan 22 10:14:10 EST 2008

Hi,

I have faced a WMS service that is configured to use different onlineresources for GetCapabilities, GetMap and GetFeatureInfo requests.  I do not have a live access to the service yet so I have to ask: When Mapserver is used as a WMS client, does it parse the onlineresource URLs from the GetCapabilities document or is it just using the same base URL for all requests? Or is there a possibility to give this essential information with some metadata entry like "wms_GetMap_onlineresource"?

-Jukka Rahkonen-