WMS: Can I change the order of the layers?

Tom Kazimiers 2voodoo at GMX.DE
Tue Jan 22 12:26:54 EST 2008

Hi,

I just started using MapServer and think I got the basics with mapfiles,
WMS and so on.
One question, regarding WMS, I could not find an answer to is how (or
even if) I can change the order the layers appear in the result of GetMap().

I just created a mapfile with about 5 layers which do also appear in the
returned XML file of GetCapabilities() and now I want to show them with
GetMap() and maybe want to change the order the leayers appear (make the
lowest come up, etc.).
Is there a way without changing the whole mapfile to do this?

Thanks in advance,
Tom