Mapserver 5.0.0 installation fails at GEOS

Pericles S. Nacionales naci0002 at UMN.EDU
Thu Jan 31 17:03:01 EST 2008

Good to hear you got it compiled.  Is the mapserv CGI program working or
do you get the same error messages as the PHP/Mapscript?  If so, the
library (libgeos.so.2) you're linking to isn't in your system paths.  If
you want you can just symlink to the newer libgeos in /usr/lib (or
/usr/local/lib), ex: ln -s /usr/lib/libgeos.so.3.0.0
/usr/lib/libgeos.so.2.  I have a feeling that another library is linked
to the old libgeos.so.2 (gdal or postgis, perhaps) so you might want to
recompile those with the new GEOS.

Good luck!
-Perry