[mapserver-users] Getting MapServer to work with SELinux

Bill Thoen bthoen at gisnet.com
Fri Jul 4 19:19:50 EDT 2008

I've recently set up a Fedora Core 9 system, and its running SELinux.
I've set up MapServer 5.0.3 but SELinux is blocking it from doing
anything. However, I can set SELinux to "permissive" mode and it all
works fine, so the problem is setting permissions or policies or
whatever for MapServer so SELinux will let it do its thing.

So does anyone know of a step by step reference  detailing how to get
MapServer to work under SELinux's "enforced" mode? I've Googled for an
answer but haven't found anything I understand. I like the idea of the
extra security that SELinux offers, so I'd like to learn how to set up
MapServer to work with it.
TIA,
- Bill Thoen