[mapserver-users] How to query attributes via WMS

Bruce Cheney BLC at JUB.com
Mon Jul 7 19:06:37 EDT 2008

Steve,

I believe I misunderstood what you are doing. Maybe a slight
clarification would be helpful.  I see three different options:

1.  Create a Mapserver WMS that feeds into the Google Maps API (Google
API controls display)  = allowed
2.  Use Google Maps as a WMS to feed into Mapserver on the server side
(Mapserver API controls display) = not allowed
3.  Use Google Maps to mesh with Mapserver data on client side (example:
Open layers meshes two on client side - Openlayers controls) = allowed

If I understand you correctly you are using #1 where Google Maps is the
controlling environment.
I thought you were implementing #2.

For a MapServer discussion reference on this not being allowed see:

http://www.nabble.com/Google-Summer-of-Code-Ideas-td9378841.html#a939953
8
<BLOCKED::http://www.nabble.com/Google-Summer-of-Code-Ideas-td9378841.ht
ml#a9399538>    Refer to Jan and Daniel's comments.

Obviously this is not an official statement.  Maybe someone has an
official statement from Google that they could post?

Bruce Cheney