[MAPSERVER-USERS] Full CADRG and VPF support

Pål Kristensen pal.kristensen at statkart.no
Tue Jul 8 05:56:14 EDT 2008

Hi!

You can build a tileindex with the gdaltindex utility, and then reference
the tileindex in a raster layer. You have to run the tileindex utility one
time for each sub folder

gdaltindex rpf_jog.shp /RPF/CJGA/CJGAZ03/*.ja*
gdaltindex rpf_jog.shp /RPF/CJGA/CJGAZ04/*.ja*

or for example make a small python script that runs recursively trough all
sub folders and executes the gdaltindex utility.

I have done this to serve out many JOG products (complete CD's) in on layer.
The layer could then look something like this.

   LAYER
      NAME "JOG_Mosaic"
      STATUS ON
      DEBUG 5
      TILEINDEX "rpf_jog.shp"
      TILEITEM "Location"
      TYPE RASTER
      #MINSCALE 300000
      MAXSCALE 600000
      PROCESSING "RESAMPLE=AVERAGE"
      #PROCESSING "RESAMPLE=BILINEAR"
      PROCESSING "OVERSAMPLE_RATIO=8" # 8 improves the output image greatly,
could try other values
      GROUP "JOG"
      METADATA
         "wms_title" "JOG Mosaic"