[mapserver-users] WFS_ENCODING problems

Gabriel Messner gabmessner at gmail.com
Wed Jul 9 04:05:17 EDT 2008

Hi all,

I´ve set up a WFS server with mapserver. Data is stored in Postgis database.
Encoding settings are the followings:

-Spatial Data Base encoding is UTF-8
-For each layer in the mapfile encofing is also UTF-8 indicated with
'layer_encoding' 'UTF-8'

The server retuns successfully geometries and attributes but the the
characters 'ñ',á,é,í,ó,ú are missing (spanish).

I´ve tried to solve this problem using 'wfs_encofing' 'UTF-8' into the Web
object Metadata but when doing so and trying to add a wfs layer with UDig,
an alert is displayed saying 'wrong connection parameters'. I´ve also tried
with 'ows_endoding' and 'gml_encoding'  at Web object Metadata but I fail as
well.

I´d hughly appreciated if anyone can help me.

Thanks in advance.

Gabriel Messner