[mapserver-users] Flash (swf) - Link between buttons and Element?

Yewondwossen Assefa yassefa at dmsolutions.ca
Thu Jul 10 10:37:59 EDT 2008

Marie-Eve,

  One possible was of quickly achieving this is would be for the buttons
names to reflect the layer and shape they are associated with; so for
example a button name would look like button_layerid_shapeid (ex
button_2_44 would represent the element 44 on layer 2).

I have filed a ticket on this
http://trac.osgeo.org/mapserver/ticket/2691 with a patch to achieve
this. Could you please review and comment?

Best Regards,

Marie-Eve Lévesque wrote:
> I am using MapServer to generate Flash (.swf). It generally works well,
> my shapes are generated and I get my events by ElementSelected, and my
> attributes in the Element object of the generated swf.
>
> But, there is one thing that I can't get: the ID associated to a button
> or to one of the shapes. For example, I have an object with the id "15",
> the name "Montreal" and the value "10". In "Element", I have all those
> informations, but I don't know what button is associated to id 15... (in
> my case, with tests I know that "button164" is associated to my id 15,
> but how can I know that dynamically?)
>
> What I would like to have is, either an "buttonId" attribute in
> "Element", either an attribute "associatedId" in the button. Is there
> something like that in MapServer?
>
> If it doesn't exists, is there an other way to have that like between my
> data in Element and the generated buttons?
>
> Thanks,
> Marie-Eve

Assefa Yewondwossen
Software Analyst