[mapserver-users] Logging

Daniel Morissette dmorissette at mapgears.com
Mon Jul 14 11:20:08 EDT 2008

Anakreon Mentis wrote:
> I pass only the path to the map as parameter. I get a segmentation fault
> mapserv "QUERY_STRING=map=/home/anakreon/ekby_site/web/gis_files/maps/ekby.map"

ouch!

Does it seg fault as well with one of the MapServer demos, for instance
the one at http://mapserver.gis.umn.edu/download/current/demo5x/ ?

If the demo mapfile above seg faults as well then that would indicate a
problem with the Debian build or some conflict of libs on your box...
very little we can do about this, you'd have to report the issue to the
package maintainers. You could consider using prebuilt binaries from FGS
(http://maptools.org/fgs/) or build completely from source (much more work).

If the demo doesn't seg fault, then it could be something in your
ekby.map that triggers a bug in the parser or something like that. In
this case if you could create a ticket in Trac and attach your mapfile
we could try to reproduce the crash on a dev box.

Daniel
--
Daniel Morissette
http://www.mapgears.com/