[mapserver-users] WFS Getcapabilities - XML header missing

Christopher Schmidt crschmidt at metacarta.com
Tue Jul 15 15:38:34 EDT 2008

On Tue, Jul 15, 2008 at 01:16:51PM -0400, Kralidis,Tom [Burlington] wrote:
> All XML output from MapServer (AFAIK) writes out an XML declaration (which is required of XML).

Unrelated to the original question, but:

If by 'XML declaration', you mean 'XML prolog', it is not required to be
included in XML. If you do not include one, the encoding typically
defaults to UTF-8, however, which is likely a problem if you have
iso-8859-1 encoded attribute data -- but since I don't think MapServer
has any way of knowing the encoding of your data, including one probably
doesn't help much anyway.

Regards,
--
Christopher Schmidt