[mapserver-users] extend mapserver with a driver for atom feed

Frank Warmerdam warmerdam at pobox.com
Wed Jul 16 08:55:32 EDT 2008

valerio vianello wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> my task is to render atom feed, with georss entry, on the map in the
> server side.  I know that mapserver and ogr aren't able to read this
> kind of data so I'm asking community to pointer me to same documentation
> that a I can read to write a little driver so that MapServer will be
> able to read, directly or through ogr, data from atom feed.
>
> any help are very appreciated.

Valerio,

I would suggest reviewing the OGR driver implementation tutorial at:

   http://www.gdal.org/ogr/ogr_drivertut.html

and then reviewing some existing XML drivers like:

   http://svn.osgeo.org/gdal/trunk/gdal/ogr/ogrsf_frmts/kml
   http://svn.osgeo.org/gdal/trunk/gdal/ogr/ogrsf_frmts/gpx
   http://svn.osgeo.org/gdal/trunk/gdal/ogr/ogrsf_frmts/gml

Good luck,